The first exam that will knock your door in the year 2020 will be NMAT. So, let’s find out what is this exam all about?
NMAT, or the NMIMS management aptitude test by GMAC is an exam which is on the lighter side as compared to CAT and XAT and is not as rigorous but sure does require a unique approach and strategy. The exam is of a duration of 2 hours (120 minutes) and has 120 questions of 3 marks each making the total number of marks as 360. All of the questions are MCQ’s with no negative marking. NMAT 2020 application dates start from July 2 .The expected date of release of NMAT exam notification is July 1, 2020 with complete NMAT 2020 exam schedule.
NMAT for the academic session 2021-23 will be conducted in 5 different testing windows from first week of October 2020 till third week of December 2020 tentatively October 4 to December 17, 2020 and students can expect the result to be out by third week of January 2021. A candidate can take NMAT up to a maximum of 3 times (first attempt plus 2 retake attempts) including no shows, if he/she wishes to. There has to be a gap of at least 15 days between two successive attempts. We suggest that you should only appear for the exam again if your performance has been dismal the first time. The total scaled score will be announced 4-5 weeks after the candidate has written the exam. The percentile scores will be calculated after all candidates have taken their exam, and will be announced in the third week of January, 2021. For candidates who have given multiple attempts, the best score (total and sectional) is considered for short-listing purposes.
Sectional divisions in the exam:
NMAT is a 120-minute computer-based exam, divided into three sections:
i) Language Skills
ii) Quantitative Aptitude
iii) Logical Reasoning
|No. of questions
Things to be kept in mind while attempting the paper:
- sectional timings are present
- cannot go back to it to answer or attempt any question
One of the biggest differentiating points of this exam is that there is NO NEGATIVE MARKING, and hence candidates are encouraged to make educated guesses. However, I would not suggest making blind guesses since a greater number of incorrect answers would definitely push down the accuracy level and in turn the ranking.
- The NMAT allows you to choose the order of attempt. Hence, make sure you attempt your strongest section first, even while attempting mock tests. This will help build your confidence for the remainder of the test. It is recommended to attempt the more demanding section in the middle as concentration levels tend to peak at that time.
- With 120 questions to be solved in 120 minutes, NMAT is a test of speed. The number of questions you need to attempt cannot be pre-determined as it is a function of the level of difficulty. Just keep a fine balance accuracy and speed.
Verbal ability and reading comprehension
Calendars · Arrangement · Blood Relations · Coding and Decoding · Critical Reasoning · Puzzles · Syllogisms · Argument-based Questions
Grammatical Error Correction · Vocabulary Usage · Usage of Synonyms and Antonyms · Idioms · Fill the Blanks · Sentence Corrections and Usage · Usage on Parts of Speech, Tenses, and Conditionals · Jumbled Sentences, · Reading Comprehension
Arithmetic (Averages, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Ratio and Proportion) · Algebra · Trigonometry · Mensuration · Geometry · Number Systems · Mixtures and Alligations · Probability · Permutations and Combinations · Statistics · Linear/Quadratic Equations · Venn Diagrams · Tables and Charts for Data Analysis Logical reasoning
Colleges accepting NMAT scores
NMAT is an exam specifically designed to grant entry into the NMIMS(Narsee Monjee institute of management studies) but is also accepted by a number of other colleges and universities:
- Xavier school of human resource management/ Xavier school of rural management/- Xavier school of sustainability/Xavier faculty of management- Bhubaneshwar
- Shiv Nadar University
- Alliance University
- VIT university
- Amity university
- Thapar school of management
We hope this article was helpful enough and helped you to gain enough knowledge about the exam.