1.Have a well-planned preparation strategy!
Beating around the bush will not fetch the desired result. Aspirants need to have a well-crafted preparation strategy pertaining to exercising on practice paper, working on a particular subject for a fixed time and when to begin revision. Being an exam of timing and accuracy, a fine balance between the 2 would certainly grant you a desired result.
2.Know the subjects that you are weak in.
Knowing your weakness is a good way to begin preparing. Try to make it your strong area. A good amount of practice can turn the tables for you in no time. Try your hand on a variety of questions and approaches. Subsequently test yourself through Mock Test and I would suggest that you take a good look at previous year’s NMAT papers. This would give you a decent idea of the pattern and the type of questions you can actually encounter in the hall. Trust yourself, have faith in your abilities.
Brush up the basics of all chapters to secure better marks. Basics form the foundation of your processes and approaches. Revision is a must during the last days to retain your studied stuffs. The fundamentals of each subject should be very clear.
4. Tips and tricks
Quick tips and tricks that prevent the usage of lengthy formulae and cumbersome writings can help here. Try looking for methods which help you reach the answers in a shorter duration of time as compared to the time it actually takes others to reach the same. This comes around eventually with practice. The more you know your concepts, the better approaches you can eventually see for yourself. Speed is an essential part of the strategy here since the number of questions does not justify the time limit here. Keeping up the speed is necessary.
Try devoting a good amount of time to practicing mock tests. Keeping a calm mindset is important. Mocks are to give you a true picture of your preparation but are not to be taken too seriously, do not allow the mocks to take a toll on your preparation and mind.
Books for NMAT preparation
NMAT preparation books and NMAT study material online or offline play a major role in helping you score high in the NMAT by GMAC exam. A few of the best NMAT preparation books recommended by toppers are:
NMAT Preparation Book by GMAC
Graduate Management Admission Council has released a comprehensive ‘NMAT by GMAC 2020 Preparation Guide’. This NMAT preparation book is the authentic and official NMAT 2020 preparation guide. The book contains NMAT by GMAC 2020 syllabus, fundamentals to prepare, access to NMAT Mocks, CD for preparation, previous NMAT questions, probable NMAT questions among others.
Section-wise Important Books for NMAT Preparation:
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT’- by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- Editorial and short articles published on various websites such as Aeon, The Guardian, New York Times, etc.
- Regularly solve the Verbal Ability questions from your study material especially on Para summary, Jumbled Paragraphs
- Good hold on antonyms, synonyms, idioms, phrasal verbs, analogies, odd one out, questions of word level type which are extremely frequent in the Verbal section.
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’– by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)- a must have. In addition to this, one must have good practice of blood relations, directions, arrangements of basic level.
- ‘How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’– by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- Past years are helpful for a good guidance in terms of questions.